My name is Flora Goldenberg and I am a Professional Tour Guide licensed by the State.
I was born in Paris, and I grew up in the Marais neighborhood, in the heart of a Jewish quarter in Paris. I am very close to my Jewish origins, and I decided to reveal the Jewish history of my city, through places and stories that you would never find in a travel guide book.
After studying history and art history at the Sorbonne University, I decided to become a guide in Paris. Why?
The city of Paris is my passion and I couldn’t think of a better way to reveal everything Paris can offer. I must confess that my mother, who is a guide in Paris since 25 years, gave me the pleasure of sharing and exchanging.
My origins are very important to me, and this is why I wanted to specialize in Paris Jewish Heritage Tours.
I will also be happy to give you any good advice that you would need during your stay in Paris, to help you find a kosher hotel or restaurant, as well as any other orientation questions that you have!
You can send an email to Flora.Goldenberg@gmail.com or use the contact form and I will answer the soon as possible !
My resume :
- Licence to guide as “Guide Conférencière” by the state
- 5 Years : Master of Art in Université Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris III
- 1 Year : Special Training for Tour Guide Licence
- 6 Years experience as a private tour guide in Paris with several agencies ( Louvre, Versailles … )
- 3 Years with the Holocaust Memorial ( Tours for kids, private tours for groups , attend the Shoah survivors testimonies … )
My Quality Assurance and Services :
- First, I check for you the booking dates to avoid surprises :
- We will avoid the jewish holidays for the walking tour because during the jewish holidays most of the stores and synagogues are closed for public
- I also check if the museums are open when you come to Paris to avoid surprises
- It is better to tell me in advance your special requests, and what to avoid ( Example : allergies, long walks … )
- I also Help with :
- Finding trusted licensed drivers for Airport Pick-ups
- Answers questions about Kosher Restaurants, Glatt Kosher, or any recommendation for your stay in Paris
- Help you Plan your trip, your time, tours …
- I have a Licence to guide as a Guide Conférencière in France (All Paris Region Normandie, Champagne …)
- The tours are highly regulated by the state of France
- Guides must have a licence to guide in the museums and in the Chateau de Versailles
- In all my tours, I make sure to share happily with you my knowledge and interest in this fascinating Jewish Heritage of Paris
Don’t hesitate to ask ! I am Available on whatsapp : + 33 6 16 30 47 35
The Goldenberg Family
A little history about my family ….
My grand father, Joe Goldenberg, was the owner of the famous Joe Goldenberg restaurant. In the restaurant, Jewish delicatessen and food attracted many visitors.
The restaurant became a symbol of resistance and revival, a meeting place for Holocaust survivors and former resistance fighters and was symbolic of a neighborhood where thousands of eastern European Jews arrived from the late 19th century, and which was the focus of Nazi round-ups during the occupation of Paris in the second world war. More than half of the local Jewish community would die in concentration camps. Read more
In 1982 it was targeted in a grenade and gun attack in which six people were killed and 22 injured. Read more
It’s been a few years since Jo Goldenberg packed up the business but his namesake lives on as an emblem of Jewish pride here in the “Pletzl”, yiddish for Little Place. Read more
Translation in English
Commemorative Plaque about Goldenberg’s Restaurant Attacks
” Anti Semite Terrorist Attack, August 9th 1982, in the restaurant Goldenberg a Gun Shootout erupted with a Grenade Explosion that Killed 6 people and injured 22 . in the Memory of :Mohamed Benemmon André Hezkia Niego Grace Cuter Anne Van Zanien Denise Guerche Rossignol Georges Demeter , Victims of Terrorism ”